Monday, October 20, 2008

Time alone please!

I was off from my “regular” job today – yee haw! I’m starting to love being away from that job, and eventually I will be for good. In the meantime, I was able to complete some work for the writer I’m working with part-time. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to work for him as it will open doors that I could never do on my own. Plus, he is a genuinely great guy! His wife is great too! I’m very excited working with him – I only wish his work was my full time job. Oh, that’s right, no whining and no wishing! Only doing! My greatest personality flaw is that I have very little patience. I have made some strides in improving my patience, but other times I let it get the better of me. I’ve come to see that it can have a negative impact on my emotions, which is something I don’t need.

One other great struggle for me is claiming time away from my “regular” job for my writing. I’ve already touched on that previously, but I’m finding others are creating a time drain for me and I need to implement a way to stop that. My husband can be from time to time – God love him. I think because I’m not currently pulling in a whole lot of money by writing he doesn’t see the necessity of me spending so much time on it. Don’t get me wrong, he vocalizes his support constantly, but when it comes time for me to sit down and do something, he wants to spend time together. Today he decided to call in sick and although I was good for some of the morning, the rest of the day was shot.

How do you tell the ones you love you love them, but please don’t bother me for the next eight hours? Maybe just say it as is!!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hi Jen,
Just wanted you to know that John Grogan is going to be on Good Morning America talking about his new book. Good luck with your writing.